How often should my gutters be cleaned?
- It should be more than once a year.
- Annually, at a minimum. If you have a lot of trees, several times a year.
- At the minimum, they need to be checked out & cleaned in the spring & fall.
What are some indications I may need to repair or replace my gutters?
- Look for leaks in corners, staining or overflows from water, or rust in steel gutters. They should hang level, so if your gutters are turning down more toward the front, something needs to be done.
- With galvanized steel gutters, you’ll start seeing rust. If the gutters aren’t secured well, they’ll start sagging. Also look for joints pulling apart or overflowing during rain.
- If you see water coming out from behind the gutter, there’s something wrong.
What are the average prices for gutter replacement or repairs?
- For an average 2,000-square-foot house, replacement usually costs $1,200 to $1,500, & repairs can range from $200 to $1,000.
- For an average 2,000-square-foot home, the average repair costs $600, & replacement is $1,500.
- Repairs cost approximately 60 percent of the cost of replacement. Your average house is approximately $1,000 for new gutters, so it can cost approximately $600 to fix them. Most of the time it’s better to replace them.
Do you recommend gutter guards, screens or covers?
- Screens don’t work as well because of the fuzzies from oak trees in the spring. Gutter hoods are expensive, yet they make your gutters zero to little maintenance, so they say!
- There are several different types & we recommend the one that’s right for your situation.
- We recommend using aluminum type gutter guards. With a spring/Fall Gutter Cleaning!
How long will new gutters last? How can I extend their lifetime?
- If you maintain aluminum gutters, they can last almost forever. Clean them, resecure the fasteners & reseal the corners & end caps.
- We use stainless aluminum & the materials have a lifetime warranty. Keep them cleaned out, put leaf guards on them & obtain them adjusted from time to time.
- Aluminum gutters should last a lifetime. Just keep them clean & sometimes, because of settling of the house, they may need to be raised or lowered.
GD Star Rating
GD Star Rating